Cleveland, Ohio Debt Collection Attorney
More than 30 years of experience handling commercial collection cases
Attorney Seth B. Marks knows how frustrating it can be when debtors fail to pay you for your goods or services. We are dedicated to providing you with the peace of mind you deserve, and achieve that result by tracking down your debtors and collecting the money you are owed. We have successfully helped a wide variety of clients including private lenders, businesses, corporations, accounts, landlords, real estate agencies and financing companies — resolve their debt collection issues. With more than 30 years of experience handling debt collection cases in Ohio, Seth B. Marks is the name clients trust to provide them with results.
Cleveland attorney committed to our clients
Seth B. Marks can assist you if you need help collecting money from debtors on:
We pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our clients. We analyze your finances to account for every cent that you are owed, and review your current contracts to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. With our extensive experience litigating cases, you as our client can rest assured that Seth B. Marks will make certain you get the results that you deserve.
What our firm can do for you
1. Review your files and accounts
2. File a demand letter — We will send a letter to the debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, we work with you to see if you want to discount the debt and then help set up a payment schedule.
3. File a lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond, we seek your permission to file a lawsuit. Once suit is filed, we move quickly to obtain a judgment in your favor before trial. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, we vigorously defend your right to collect payment.
4. Execute your judgment — A judgment gives our firm the opportunity to get the debtor’s attention. We attach liens on the debtor’s real estate and move to file wage and bank garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank accounts, paychecks and any other sources of income. If we cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, we can have the debtor appear in court for a post-judgment examination to locate and testify about their finances.
5. Recover your money — If the debtor fails to appear for the court examination, we can request that the debtor be jailed for contempt of court. We make every effort to work out a reasonable plan with the debtor to get you to realize the most money under the facts pertinent to you particular situationl. You will always be given a realistic assessment of the continuing chances of recovery.
Get the help you need and the treatment you deserve
If you need help collecting on debts, call Seth B. Marks today at 216-292-2600 or contact us online to put an end to your debtor’s excuses and get the money you deserve.